Excellent Topics for a Dissertation on E-Commerce
Dissertations are seen as one of the most challenging tasks to be completed during one’s time in education, and this also applies to dissertations on the subject of e-commerce. Whether you are writing an essay, thesis, or dissertation, it is likely you will have to do a great deal of research. This means gathering various types of information e.g. facts, figures, and other types of data. After collecting sufficient information, this will then need to be compiled into a perfectly written paper which, hopefully, will be approved by the relevant authorities in your college or university. However, before all this is achieved, it is first necessary to choose a good e-commerce topic for your topic, assuming this is the subject area of your dissertation.
Additionally, if you need any advice or assistance choosing a topic, then GreatDissertation.com is the perfect place for you. Not only does our company offer suggestions and advice about dissertation topics and structure, but we can also help you with every aspect of your dissertation until it is complete. Below are some very good, attention-grabbing topic ideas for an e-commerce dissertation. It is important that the topic you choose is important without being one that is too well known about. The following topics are free and you are welcome to use any of them to get your writing project started.
E-Commerce Topics Concerning Advertising and Marketing
The aim of marketing an online business is to reach as many customers as possible. Our expert writers have written countless dissertations on all sorts of e-business topics. Here are some topics they recommend:
- Methods for measuring consumer retention rates for an e-commerce website.
- Online marketing methods for traditional businesses.
- Why search engine results and rankings are important for an e-commerce business.
- What is the best marketing mix for an e-commerce business – completely online or keeping a foothold in both business worlds.
Topics Concerning E-Commerce Data-mining
When it comes to e-commerce, it is impossible to ignore the important role of data mining. This activity serves numerous purposes, the most notable of which are advertising, business promotion, and providing users with an enhanced experience. The following are a few topic suggestions for this area of e-commerce:
- What data mining technologies are we likely to see in the future?
- The implications of the 2000 Freedom of Information act for e-businesses.
Topics Concerning M-Commerce (Mobile E-Commerce)
With the rise in mobile technologies and their increasing use in every aspect of life, this modern form of e-commerce is certainly a popular topic. The use of mobile devices for buying and selling goods definitely generates some thought-provoking ideas. Here are some interesting topics on this aspect of e-commerce, as provided by our expert writers:
- Describe some of the custom applications available to mobile commerce users.
- Explain the ways in which mobile e-commerce can generate revenue.
- Analyze the geographic reach (and boundaries) as these apply to both mobile users and providers of e-commerce products and services.
E-commerce Topics Concerning Strategy
Where selling strategies are concerned, e-commerce is one of the best options for anyone who wants to promote their presence in a world packed with online businesses. It is essential to be able to keep up with the rapid pace of computer-based selling if a business is to thrive or even survive. Therefore, writing a dissertation on e-commerce strategies is a great way of learning how to establish an online business:
- Describe an effective strategy for a business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce model.
- Explain what an effective combination of clicks and bricks would be in order to serve customers in a manner that is both feasible and profitable.
- Analyze a number of different online selling strategies and say how these support conventional business models.
- How the Internet is a well-tested and cost-effective tool for branding.
E-Commerce Topics Concerning Trust and Security
Issues related to trust, security, and the use of e-forms are topics that are popular with e-commerce students. We advise you to make optimum use of these topics when looking for subject matter that will work well for you. There are three key aspects to e-commerce security, which are user trust, possible attacks by third parties, and protection laws/legislation. Here are some topic ideas on these important issues:
Topics Related to User Trust in an E-commerce Environment
It can be very difficult to trust a retailer that is not visible to you. Writing an e-commerce dissertation on this subject will certainly help in understanding issues related to trust. Here are some possible topics on this subject:
- What changes need to be made to the 2002 Data Protection Act to make it more relevant to the current upsurge in this marketplace?
- Does the use of anti-virus programs improve trust and security in the world of e-commerce?
- The challenges associated with building and maintaining the reputation of a brand in an e-commerce venture.
- How realistic is the concept of trust in the e-commerce world?
Topics Concerning Possible Attacks by Third Parties
The need to be protected against possible attacks by outside parties is very important to online shoppers and those who own e-commerce ventures. Shoppers often divulge sensitive information when making purchases online, which makes it more important for e-commerce security specialists to be vigilant about the maintenance and security of a website and its users. The following are some topic ideas on this aspect of e-commerce:
- Critically evaluate the current products available for protecting data with particular reference to their use in the e-commerce world.
- How effective are encryption policies in terms of keep data secure?
- Should online buyers consider privacy to be a mythical concept?
- Is every aspect truly covered in the security methods and policies that are currently available to protect e-commerce sites?
- How do firewalls and SSL technology ensure the information provided by an online buyer is safe?
Topics Related to E-Commerce Legislation
All buyers needed to be protected by law, and this includes e-commerce buyers. The writers at GreatDissertion.com can help you write a dissertation on the legislative aspects of e-commerce. Here they have provided some topic ideas:
- Is the current legislation an effective deterrent against computer and cyber-attacks?
- An analysis of the international laws presently in place to keep computers (and their users) secure.
Topics Concerning E-Commerce Usability
Since a mere 2% of our world’s population are registered users of the Internet, it is reasonable that e-commerce usability continues to concern people. There are several topics worth writing about in respect of usability and here are some of them:
- Is e-commerce usability promoted by W3C standards?
- Critically analyze the customer service technology that is currently used in e-commerce.
A Few General Topics Related to E-Commerce
- Explain the relationship between e-commerce and peer-to-peer (P2P) networks.
- Is it possible to commit a computer-related crime (i.e. a borderless crime) outside a particular country’s jurisdiction?
- Are software patents just a way of repeatedly earning money from the “golden product?”
- Carry out a review of the current e-commerce legislation available in the UK.
Dissertation Topics on Telecoms and Maritime Security.
- Could the WTO aim of open access to the market in the developing countries result in a global boom in the telecoms industry?This topic is a broad one. You can choose a particular Gulf country and use it as a case study. Fast development of FDI has been observed in all Gulf countries. That is why it is easy to research this topic.
- Is it right to state that the telecoms industry plays the main role in the economic growth in all developing countries? Discuss this topic presenting opposing arguments.
- Think about the telecommunications use as a way of resistance to companies that use broadband and phones in order to track the interests and actions of all people. After the phone hacking scandal, people stopped to trust such services and try to resist such type of monitoring. In addition, such monitoring violates people and organizations’ right to privacy. However, the technology and software used for monitoring is still being manufactured and sold. Discuss whether such companies should bare social responsibility for manufacturing and distributing such technology. Do we need to regulate the telecoms sector in order to stop the privacy abuse?
- Current problems in maritime security. For example, you may discuss the main problem of maritime security is the field isolation. Was the technology developed in order to mitigate this type of isolation?
- Can maritime security strategies help in resolving the privacy situation on the Somalia coast? Is it possible to prevent ransom and privacy issues of marine vessels using the security strategies or it is just a case of avoiding particular routes of trade?